Certified Outpatient Coder(COC)
We provide COC training by our AAPC certified trainers. We conduct MOCK test after the completion of course and frequent series test after the completion of particular series.
Certified Outpatient Coder (COC™) ... As physicians move away from private practices and join hospital groups, career opportunities in outpatient facilities, such as ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs) or hospital outpatient billing and codingdepartments, are opening for coders
Outpatient ambulatory coder jobs are trending faster than ever before. As physicians move away from private practices and join hospital groups, career opportunities in outpatient facilities, such as ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs) or hospital outpatient billing and coding departments, are opening for coders. The Certified Outpatient Coder (COC™), formerly CPC-H®, exam validates your specialized payment knowledge needed for these jobs in addition to your CPT®, ICD-10, and HCPCS Level II coding skills. Invest in your future with the COC medical coding credent
- Becoming a CPC demonstrates you have:
- Proficiency in assigning accurate medical codes for diagnoses, procedures and services performed in the outpatient setting (emergency department visits, outpatient clinic visits, same day surgeries, diagnostic testing (radiology and laboratory), and outpatient therapies (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and chemotherapy)
- Proficiency across a wide range of services, including evaluation and management, anesthesia, surgical services, radiology, pathology, and medicine
- Knowledge of coding rules and regulations along with proficiency on issues regarding medical coding, compliance, and reimbursement under outpatient grouping systems. COCs can better handle issues such as medical necessity, claims denials, bundling issues, and charge capture.
- The ability to integrate coding and reimbursement rule changes in a timely manner to include updating the charge description master (CDM), fee updates, and the field locators (FL) on the UB04
- Correctly completing a CMS 1500 for ASC services and UB04 for outpatient services, including applying appropriate modifiers
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology commensurate with ability to correctly code provider services and diagnoses
- A working knowledge in assigning ICD-10-CM codes from Volumes 1 and 2