Certified Inpatient Coder(CIC)
We provide CIC training by our AAPC certified trainers. We conduct MOCK test after the completion of course and frequent series test after the completion of particular series.
It is inpatient medical coding certification for inpatient hospital and faculty coding only. It is abstracting information from medical record for ICD-10-PCS coding and MSDRG’s
The new inpatient medical coding certification standard, Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC™), is the only credential dedicated exclusively to inpatient hospital/facility coding. The CIC validates expert level knowledge and experience in abstracting information from the medical record for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding, and it signifies specialized payment knowledge in Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups (MS-DRGs) and the Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS). Invest in your future with the CIC™ credential ? certified coders earn 40 percent more than non-credentialed coders.
- Becoming a CPC demonstrates you have:
- Expertise in medical record review to abstract information required to support accurate inpatient coding
- Expertise in assigning accurate ICD-10 medical codes for diagnoses and procedures performed in the inpatient setting
- Superior knowledge of current rules, regulations, and issues regarding medical coding, compliance, and reimbursement under MS-DRG system and IPPS
- Strong ability to integrate coding and reimbursement rule changes in a timely manner to include updating the charge description master (CDM), fee updates, and the Field Locators (FL) on the UB04
- Solid understanding of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology required to correctly code facility services and diagnoses
- Understanding of Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) reimbursement methodologies